With the Internet era, there is an awful lot of information out there regarding spinal conditions and their treatment. However I would caution, that a lot of it can be either generalising or misleading and that it should be your surgeon’s job to put the information in context to you on an individual basis.
Nevertheless, it is useful to have some information to help understand conditions and the following below include both my patient information leaflets and trusted sources of information.
- Anterior Cervical Discectomy
- Lumbar Decompression and Stabilisation for Degeneretive Spondylolisthesis
- Lumbar Decompression and Stabilisation for Spondylitic Spondylolisthesis
- Lumbar Discectomy
- Lumbar Facet Joint Injection
- Lumbar Nerve Root Block
- Lumbar Nerve Root Decompression for Foraminal Stenosis
- Posterior Cervical Decompression
- Posterior Lumbar Decompression for Spinal Stenosis
- Transforaminal Lumbar Interbody Fusion
Patient information from the British Association of Spinal Surgeons: